Discussion: Human Rights and Human Dignity in the Context of the Individual DEC 5
December 10 is internationally observed as a Human Rights Day – the day the United Nations General Assembly adopted, in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This year, Human Rights Day marks the 70th anniversary
This is yet another opportunity to celebrate human rights as the backbone of a society and as a promise to equal dignity and worth of every person.
In advance to the Human Rights Day, the Institute of Public Policy is pleased to invite you to a public discussion on '' Human Rights and Human Dignity in the Context of the Individual''.
Human rights articulate a broad outline for human dignity, but like all frameworks, its communication is filtered through the understanding of each individual. To varying degrees, our reality, and any aspirations for a better reality, are significantly individual, subjective, and contextual. To date, building a bridge of comprehension between the generalization that is human rights and human dignity and the specific understanding and expectations of individuals has principally been hierarchical, via law (implying consequences), politics (exercising power), and instruction, carrying teacher-student dynamics.
Shouldn’t we practice equality to engender equality? To what extend can more genuine discourse both empower and persuade individuals to aspire to greater levels of equality in their social interactions?
The discussion will be held by Vahan Bournazian, professor and researcher of human rights.
The language of the event will be English, but participants will have an opportunity to address their questions in Armenian as well.
- New opportunity «Professional Fellows Program Is Open» added.
- New opportunity «PFP Professional Fellows Program» added.
- New opportunity «Women's Rights House NGO։ Trainers (հայերեն)» added.
- New opportunity «Rethink.CEE Fellowship — Call for Applications» added.
- New opportunity «Ուրբանլաբը փնտրում է հանրային կապերի պատասխանատու» added.
- New opportunity «Open Call for Evaluation Consultant to Evaluate Beyond Borders Programme» added.
- New opportunity «Training Course։ "Militarization and Security"» added.
No file choosen