Աշխատանքի հնարավորություն Շվեդական դատարանների ազգային ադմինիստրացիայի կողմից (SNCA) (անգլերեն)
Company: Swedish National Courts Administration (SNCA)
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Duration: 1 year, with a possibility of extension
Start Date: 01 March 2022 (or in accordance with agreement)
Deadline: 01 February 2022
Term: Full Time
The Swedish National Courts Administration (SNCA) will during the spring of 2022 (tent. from March) initiate the implementation of a multi-year development cooperation Project together with the Academy of Justice of the Republic of Armenia (AoJ) and the Armenian Supreme Judicial Council (SJC). The over-arching objective of the Project is to support Armenian judges to meet the new expectations on the judiciary and thereby raising public trust in the judiciary. The intermediate objectives of the Project are the following:
1) Enhanced awareness among judges on ethics, anti-corruption and integrity;
2) Increased professionality among judges in communication with parties and others in accordance with their needs and well-founded expectations;
3) Enhanced awareness and capacity among judges to communicate proactively with media;
4) Improved framework for judges' contacts with the media.
The Project will take aim at developing the craft of judging by delivering interactive skills-based trainings for judges to increase their skills in pro-active communication with the parties, the public and the media. The Project will also support some policy development and the development of regulations, guidelines, templates and other practical tools for judges. All activities will be based on peer-to-peer learning whereby active judges in the Swedish Courts will be engaged in the implementation of trainings, seminars, discussions and policy development. The Project will establish a Project Office, based in Yerevan, that will coordinate the implementation of all activities in cooperation with the SNCA, the AoJ and the SJC. The Project Office will consist of a Swedish Project Coordinator and two Armenian Project Officers. The Project Office will work closely to implement activities together with Project Team Leaders from the SNCA HQ/Sweden and the Project Team Leaders from the SJC, the AoJ and two Pilot Courts. The Project Officer, Judicial Training, will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, and focus primarily on capacity development trainings of Judges in cooperation with the AoJ.
The Project Officer, Judicial Training, will support the Project Coordinator in discharging work relating to the Project on developing and implementing training modules for Judges and Candidate Judges under the auspices of the AoJ yearly curriculum. The trainings will be centred on areas that include judicial ethics and integrity, verbal and written interaction with parties and communication between the courts and the media.
The Project Officer, Judicial Training, will have the responsibility for the following tasks:
- Support the Project Coordinator in coordinating and managing daily operations of the Project operations, i.e. planning, monitoring and follow up on Project activities;
- Organize trainings, workshops, meetings, and round tables through both logistical and thematic support;
- Support the development and design of training packages in all areas of the Project in close coordination with the AoJ and with the Armenian and Swedish experts of the Project;
- Facilitate contacts with and between all relevant authorities and stakeholders in the Project;
- Provide technical support to the Project through research, collation of information and analysis of data;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in developing Annual Work plans in consultation with the Team Leaders of the SNCA, the SJC and the AoJ;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in collecting and analyzing monitoring data, and in preparing ad-hoc and annual reports to be submitted to the Project Steering Committee;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in developing a sound documentation strategy, and maintain a database of relevant material produced by the Project;
- Support the development and implementation of a Communication Strategy of the Project;
- Any other responsibility assigned by the Project Coordinator and/or the Project Team Leader(s) of the SNCA.
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent degree) in Law, Human Rights, Political Science or ar elated area. A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of capacity development, law, or a related field at the national or international level;
- Demonstrated experience of supporting capacity building initiatives and/ or seminars, preferably in the legal field;
- Demonstrated experience of working in projects, preferably in the international field;
- Demonstrated experience in reporting and documentation;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good understanding of development issues, i.e. the rule of law, human rights, gender;
- Experience in applying a Human Rights Based-Approach to Development Programming;
- Previous work experience with government agencies is desirable;
- Proficiency in spoken and written Armenian and English languages.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivatedprofessional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
The application, consisting of a CV and a Cover Letter should be sent to: [email protected] by the deadline, indicating the position title ("Project Officer - Judicial Training") in the subject line of the email. Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a virtual and/ or face-to-face competency based interview (Professionalism, Teamwork, Planning and Organizing).
Competitive, based on previous experience.
Contract: The Project Officer, Judicial Training, will be engaged on a one (1) year consultancy contract (full-time), with the possibility of extension. Offer of contract is dependant on the approval of the Project.
ԾԱՌԱՅՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ ՄԱՏՈՒՑՈՂ ՀԿ-ՆԵՐՏեսնել
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Invitation to Participate: Empowering The Civil Society in Eastern Partnership Countries (in Armenian)»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Job Opportunity from Deutsche Welle Akademie: IT Support»
- Ավելացված է նորություն` «Ardi.am Covers the "Kayaran" Literary Contest (in Armenian)»
- Ավելացված է նորություն` «Susanna Harutyunyan, editor-in-Chief of "Kayaran" literary magazine, speaks about Kayaran's Function to Develop Theoretical Literary Skills (in Armenian)»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Project Proposals by World Vision Armenia (in Armenian)»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Scholarship Opportunity: "Storytelling in Journalism: from Hard Data to Harder Narratives" Media Training Program»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Applications: YOU as Social Entrepreneur Project (in Armenian)»
No file choosen