Աշխատանքի հնարավորություն UNDP-ից՝ ծրագրի համակարգող (անգլերեն)
Agency – UNDP
Title - National PSA - Project Coordinator for Armenia - "Mayors for Economic Growth Facility”
Job ID – 37968
Practice Area - Job Family - Management - INNOVATION AND SDG FINANCE
Vacancy End Date - 28/06/2021 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time Left - 3d 20h 58m
Duty Station - Yerevan, Armenia
Education & Work Experience - G-Bachelor's Level Degree - 4 year(s) experience, I-Master's Level Degree - 2 year(s) experience
Languages - Required: Armenian E, English ; Desired: Russian
Vacancy Type - Other
Posting Type - External
Bureau - Europe & the CIS
Contract Duration - One year, extendable based on satisfactory performance and funds availability
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the UNDP Armenia Innovation and SDG Finance Programme Analyst and Regional Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will oversee the project implementation for the EU funded Mayors for Economic Growth Facility. The Project Manager will specifically focus on managing the project, overseeing, connecting and building on the work at the country level and ensuring that project is implemented in line with RBM.
The EU in partnership with UNDP, promotes inclusive economic growth and innovation in the municipalities of the EaP countries. To that end, on January 1, 2021 the new phase of “Mayors for Economic Growth Facility” commenced.
The project will run for 48 months. The project will support local authorities in Eastern Partnership countries to use innovative methods towards just and green development.
During project implementation the M4EG network will increase to 350 local authorities, and 12 local authorities will go through a process of portfolio development. Three funding facilities will be available to the local authorities in the network: the EU Project Fund (2021), Annual Portfolio Call (2021-2023) and M4EG Innovation Project Call (2021-2023).
Working under the direct supervision of the UNDP Armenia Innovation and SDG Finance Programme Analyst and Regional Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for leading the Project Team in the day-to-day implementation of the country-level project activities and managing financial resources effectively and efficiently so as to achieve the Project Objective and Outcomes within the set timescale and available budget. S/he will ensure effective implementation of daily activities of the Project at the national level in compliance with appropriate UNDP policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for implementation of in-country activities in accordance with the project document and approved work plan. The Project Coordinator for Armenia is expected to closely cooperate with the EU Delegation in Armenia, project counterparts, local authorities, partners, line ministries and regional authorities, and other relevant parties.
With respect to overall coordination of in-country project activities the Project Coordinator is expected to:
- Ensure effective communication with national and local partners;
- Ensure timely preparation, update and implementation of project annual and detailed work plans, and other related documents for timely commencement of planned in-country activities and expected outputs;
- Organize and/or coordinate Project events;
- Supervise research activities and elaboration of joint knowledge products at the national level;
- Build partnerships with local authorities, relevant ministries, private sector and local actors;
- Coordinate implementation of the national component of the project in close cooperation with local authorities and other relevant parties;
- Ensure smooth implementation of in-country project activities and attainment of the overall project objectives as stated in the project document at the national level;
- Coordinate all project in-country activities with the activities of national counterparts and other UNDP projects;
- Build, manage, and support relationships with national partners, provide partners with advanced technical assistance;
- Organize and conduct Technical Working Groups and support organization of Steering Committees;
- Set-up and organize national steering mechanisms;
- Maintain close liaison with national project partners, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership of the Government in the implementation of the project; as well as ensure coordination of the project activities with other stakeholders at the national level;
- Ensure compliance of project business processes with UNDP Project Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP Standard Operating Procedures;
- Perform other duties as required, in consultation with and under supervision of the Innovation & SDG Finance Programme Analyst and Regional Project Manager.
Project and Financial Management:
- Develop Terms of Reference for project consultants/potential service providers and ensure proper management, delivery and processes;
- Draft annual project work plan in consultation with major national project stakeholders;
- Comply with security and safety requirements and regulations and ensure the same are respected by all local consultants;
- Prepare and update country level work plans and budgets ;
- Manage financial allocations, ensure timely payments in accordance with UNDP rules, regulations and procedures; generate Atlas reports, including combined delivery reports at the national level;
- Prepare procurement plans and oversee procurement and logistics for project implementation of in-country activities;
- At the national level feed into the progress reports, produce periodical annual project progress reports and financial reports;
- Provide regular updates on the project progress to the Regional Project Manager and relevant Programme Analyst at the CO;
- Work closely with other UNDP initiatives;
- Perform other duties as required.
Support to resource mobilization:
- Establish and maintain contacts and cooperation with the relevant UN Agencies, government institutions, bilateral and multilateral donors, private sector, civil society engaged in urbanization and innovation;
- Undertake horizon scanning and explore opportunities for resource mobilization in consultation with the Regional Project Manager and Programme Analyst;
- Support development of new initiatives and proposals to donors at the national level;
- Play an active advisory role on governance issues within the UNDP Governance team and in other settings as required.
Advocacy and Coordination:
- Design and implement a communication strategy of the project at the national level;
- Ensure regular communication and coordination with national partners and develop and maintain effective mechanisms for integrating and responding to their feedback and insights;
- Ensure careful selection of communication tools and tailoring the messages taking into account overall socio-political and development context in the country.
Impact of Results
The overall objective of this project is to enhance economic inclusive growth and job creation in the region by supporting local authorities in the EaP countries to design and implement Local Economic Development Plans (LEDPs) in line with the principles of good governance and sound financial management, by deploying .
The specific objectives are to:
1. Support local authorities in their participation to the M4EG initiative.
2. Support the preparation and implementation of municipal projects building on approved LEDPs.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences;
- Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, as a team member, to build trust, and to manage in a deliberate, transparent and predictable way;
- Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with national partners and stakeholders and pro-activeness in identifying of beneficiaries and partners’ needs and matching them to appropriate solutions.
- Ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Ability to identify priority activities and tasks and allocate appropriate time and resources for effective and efficient work completion;
- Ability to monitor progress against milestones and deadlines;
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships;
- Ability to foresee risks and develop mitigation strategies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Social sciences, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years with Master’s degree, or 4 years with Bachelor’s degree of substantive experience working in or directly related to project management
- Has proven experience in applying innovative methods and models to development challenges;
- Has proven experience in working with local authorities, partners and communities;
- Has experience in working in multi-stakeholder initiatives -
- Has proven communication and advocacy skills, and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including government representatives, donors and other stakeholders;
- Has maturity, excellent interpersonal, negotiation and team leading skills required;
- Has ability to work to tight deadlines and to handle multiple concurrent project components and competing priorities;
- Excellent computer skills with ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Fluency in Armenian and English with proven drafting and presentation skills; Knowledge of Russian is an asset
Apply Now! Click Here!
ԾԱՌԱՅՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ ՄԱՏՈՒՑՈՂ ՀԿ-ՆԵՐՏեսնել
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Participants: Spark Fund Youth Panellist»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Job Opportunity from Media Initiatives Center: Training Coordinator (in Armenian)»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Study Opportunity: A Podcast about Erasmus+ in Armenia»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Grants for Civil Society Organisations in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine on Access to Justice for Victims of Discrimination»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Participation: Adami Media Prize»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Job or Vaccination What the Citizens Would Choose? Online Debate»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Open Call: State and Law One-day Training»
No file choosen