CBE Faculty Granted EURASIA Programme Two-Year Project Funding
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is proud to share that Professors from the Manoogian Simone College of Business & Economics (CBE) Dr. Knar Khachatryan (principal investigator), Dr. Aleksandr Grigoryan and Dr. Vardan Baghdasrayan together with scholars from the University of Agder, Norway, were granted a EURASIA Programme two-year project funding.
The overall aim of the program is “to contribute to renewal and internationalization of higher education in the cooperating countries, as a means to provide a basis for political and economic reforms, stimulate sustainable development, increase the level of education in the population and increase respect for human rights.”
The program is funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is administered by the Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education.
The project, which the CBE professors developed in partnership with the University of Agder represented by Dr. Roy Mersland, focuses on financial inclusion. One of the major objectives of the project is developing and implementing a course on financial inclusion: turning government policies into company strategies. The objectives and learning outcomes of the course center on building student knowledge and skills in creating an impact investing ecosystem that would deliver maximum social returns. The course will also introduce students to policies and how they could be blended into the strategies of individual companies.
Another pillar of this project is a two-way student mobility, which allows students from either partner institution to gain academic and research experience. Furthermore, the partnership with the Center for Research in Social Enterprises and Microfinance (CERSEM) of the University of Agder aims at exchanging best practices and research experiences that will help CBE to grow the capacity and research agenda of its Center for Business Research and Development (CBRD).
The specific objectives of this partnered project are closely aligned with the AUA strategic plan and with elements of the Armenian government program that pertain to poverty alleviation and related economic development tools and policies.
The non-academic partners of the project include the Central Bank of Armenia and SEF International UCO. The total budget of the project is about 150,000 euros.
Founded in 1991, the American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private, independent university located in Yerevan, Armenia, affiliated with the University of California, and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission in the United States. AUA provides local and international students with Western-style education through top-quality undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs, promotes research and innovation, encourages civic engagement and community service, and fosters democratic values.
ԾԱՌԱՅՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ ՄԱՏՈՒՑՈՂ ՀԿ-ՆԵՐՏեսնել
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Job Opportunity from The Swedish National Courts Administration (SNCA) (in Armenian)»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Granting Opportunity from The International Visegrad Fund: Visegrad+»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Experts to Organise Thematic Discussions»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Experts by Eurasia Partnership Foundation - Armenia (in Armenian)»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Proposals by CIPE: South Caucasus, Amplifying the Voice of Women Entrepreneurs in the Economic Recovery Process»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Proposals by Cipe: Request for Proposals: South Caucasus, Amplifying the Voice of Women Entrepreneurs in the Economic Recovery Process»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Call for Proposals by CIPE: Empowering the Private Sector to Combat Disinformation»
No file choosen