The OTI/Armenia program seeks to support the Armenian government’s technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
**Please note: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Grants Specialist will be based in Yerevan and is part of the Grants team on the OTI/Armenia Program. This position is primarily responsible for conducting grantee eligibility checks, developing and tracking activity budgets, drafting grant agreements, negotiation memos, and modifications, drafting consulting agreements for consultants under activities, and maintaining all program related files. S/he maintains regular communication with the grantees and conducts site visits, ensuring that all deliverables are met. The position will work closely with the Program Team for monitoring and ensuring compliance with the grant implementation plan.
- Liaise with communities and/or counterparts within government entities in assigned geographic area to assist the PDO with the development of activities and guide the implementation of projects; develop and maintain transparent, friendly, open, and professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, and other international organizations, as well as local and national authorities.
- Provide weekly updates on grant implementation to the rest of the program team, utilizing the activity database, meetings and other tools.
- Create and edit budgets for grant agreements in coordination of the Program Development Officer and Field Officers. (PDO and FO).
- Review and adjust grant budgets in consultation with the procurement team.
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for Grants Under Contract (both cash and in-kind) and review and analyse budget estimates (for cash or in-kind grants) for allocability, reasonableness and consistency.
- Ensure the proper preparation and execution of grant documents and grant disbursements consistent and compliant with United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and MSI requirements, procedures and best practices.
- Track any changes in the financial needs of an activity and modify budgets as necessary using the activity database.
- Complete excluded party verifications and Negotiation Memos.
- Maintain accurate and timely program and grant documentation in electronic, hard copy and back-up copies, and ensure that completed grants are closed in a timely manner according to deadlines.
- Support the M&E Specialist with data collection, as needed, and with contributions to the final evaluation reports.
- Review all grantee deliverables, with the support of the PDO, for the final approval by the DCOP-O for grant close out.
- Have constant and close communication with the Program Team in anticipation of contingencies.
- In coordination with the supervisor ensure that Grants has been managed in response to the Program needs.
- This position reports to Grants Manager but works closely and coordinates with the Program Team.
- 3 years of experience in grants or procurement roles on development projects; specific experience with USAID projects is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to maintain professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, contractors, suppliers, other international organizations, as well as local and national authorities
- Task and detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt easily to change
- Experience working in remote and complex areas.
- Excellent communication skills are required as well as a) proactive problem-solving skills independently and with teams, b) a strong service orientation, and c) assertive communication and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Fluency in English is strongly preferred.
Applications due by August 14, 2019.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
ԾԱՌԱՅՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ ՄԱՏՈՒՑՈՂ ՀԿ-ՆԵՐՏեսնել
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Vacancy at UNDP: Project Intern Technical Specialist»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Public Discussion about Law of Social Work»
- Ավելացված է նոր փաստաթուղթ` «Guideline of Consultation of Domestic Violence by Human Rights Defender of the Republic of Armenia»
- Ավելացված է նորություն` «CSO's Announcement: Right to Freedom of Peaceful Assembly»
- Ավելացված է նորություն` «The Project of Transparency Initiative of Extractive Branches of the Republic of Armenia»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Finance and Administration Manager USAID/Armenia Support Initiative»
- Ավելացված է նոր հնարավորություն` «Procurement Specialist USAID/Armenia Support Initiative»
No file choosen