CSO Depo Expert
Varuzhan Avanesyan joined EPF Armenia in 2014 as MICE (Media for Informed Civic Engagement) project manager. He has 20 years of experience in the sphere of community mobilization, civil society development, adult education, TOT trainings and lifelong learning.
Prior to joining EPF Armenia Varuzhan has worked at organizations such as: Counterpart International as Senior Technical Advisor on Strategic Development; dvv international (Institute for International Cooperation of the German Adult Education Association) as Deputy Director of the Armenian branch, PHCR program funded by USAID and implemented by Emerging Markets Group Organization, as a Public Education Specialist.
Varuzhan Avanesyan is now a PhD candidate at Yerevan State Linguistic University. He holds a MA from Yerevan State Institute of Theater Art. As a member of Armenia’s Civil Education Curriculum Development Group, Varuzhan has studied at the Institute for Training and Development of Amherst /Massachusetts, USA. He is a co-author of a number of educational and methodological manuals for TOT trainings. He provides his assistance to a number of organizations as an independent trainer in program development and management, monitoring and evaluation, as well as educational programs development.
Capacity Building and Organizational Development Experience
• Project Planning
• Trainings of Trainers
• Strategy planning
• Human Resources development and management
• Project and event management skills and tools
• Public speaking
• Lifelong learning
• Project design and management
• EPF Armenia
• Yerevan State Institute of Theatre and Cinematography
• Council of Europe Office in Yerevan
• Counterpart International
• “DVV Iinternational” branch office in Armenia
• UNDP Armenia
• National Institute for Education
• USAID/PHCR (Primary Health Care Reform Project)
• IREX (International Research and Exchanges Board)
• Project Harmony/ZANG- Armenian Legal Socialization Project ("ZANG" in Armenian being an acronym for "Developing Knowledge and Promoting Justice")