2020 Hansen Leadership Institute - US Students
The Hansen Leadership Institute -- formerly known as the Hansen Summer Institute for Leadership and International Cooperation -- is an exciting international program funded by a generous grant from the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. The Tenth Hansen Summer Institute took place in San Diego in July 2019. The Institute provides a unique University-based leadership experience and program in international cooperation and conflict resolution. For three weeks each July, twenty five young women and men from regions of conflict and the United States come together on the campus of the University of San Diego for this life-changing program. They join a family of Hansen Alumni who continue to remain in close contact through a variety of media and social networking sites.
We are happy to announce that the Hansen Leadership Institute will host its next group of leaders in July 2020 at the University of San Diego School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES).
A primary goal of the Hansen Leadership Institute is to create an international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience as a foundation for creating lasting friendships and acquiring common practical skills and training for the creation of a more peaceful future. The program includes classroom and hands-on instruction outside the classroom in the latest techniques of conflict resolution, mediation and inter-cultural dialogue and management. Classroom training complements local excursions to San Diego historical attractions and cultural events, including but not limited to Balboa Park, Sea World, a Fourth of July parade, harbor cruise and a visit to the US-Mexico border.
Hansen Leadership Institute training aims to provide students with a "leadership toolbox" for resolving conflict and building a better future for their respective countries and across the world.
* Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college or university, or a
graduate student with a professional interest in international relations,
diplomacy, international economic development or related studies.
* Student must be between the ages of 20-25 on July 1, 2020.
* Have demonstrated leadership potential outside of the classroom, in the
community, nation or region.
For questions about this application, please contact Brad Frazier at [email protected]
- New opportunity «Call For Arbitration and Mediation International Expert» added.
- New research «2018 CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATION SUSTAINABILITY INDEX» added.
- New opportunity «Program Assistant. CRRC Armenia» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Papers – “The Soviet Experience in Armenia and Its Legacy”» added.
- New opportunity «School for Local Democracy in Kotayk Region» added.
- New opportunity «KIN Women's International Film Festival: Submissions are now open!» added.
- New opportunity «Expression of Interest for the 2020 Evaluation of the European Endowment for Democracy (EED)» added.
No file choosen