2020 Hansen Leadership Institute - US Students
The Hansen Leadership Institute -- formerly known as the Hansen Summer Institute for Leadership and International Cooperation -- is an exciting international program funded by a generous grant from the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. The Tenth Hansen Summer Institute took place in San Diego in July 2019. The Institute provides a unique University-based leadership experience and program in international cooperation and conflict resolution. For three weeks each July, twenty five young women and men from regions of conflict and the United States come together on the campus of the University of San Diego for this life-changing program. They join a family of Hansen Alumni who continue to remain in close contact through a variety of media and social networking sites.
We are happy to announce that the Hansen Leadership Institute will host its next group of leaders in July 2020 at the University of San Diego School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES).
A primary goal of the Hansen Leadership Institute is to create an international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience as a foundation for creating lasting friendships and acquiring common practical skills and training for the creation of a more peaceful future. The program includes classroom and hands-on instruction outside the classroom in the latest techniques of conflict resolution, mediation and inter-cultural dialogue and management. Classroom training complements local excursions to San Diego historical attractions and cultural events, including but not limited to Balboa Park, Sea World, a Fourth of July parade, harbor cruise and a visit to the US-Mexico border.
Hansen Leadership Institute training aims to provide students with a "leadership toolbox" for resolving conflict and building a better future for their respective countries and across the world.
* Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college or university, or a
graduate student with a professional interest in international relations,
diplomacy, international economic development or related studies.
* Student must be between the ages of 20-25 on July 1, 2020.
* Have demonstrated leadership potential outside of the classroom, in the
community, nation or region.
For questions about this application, please contact Brad Frazier at [email protected]
- New news «Call For Expression Of Interest: International Technical Assistance for DATA Program» added.
- New opportunity «Terms of Reference for Internal Audit» added.
- New research «COVID-19 and the world of work: Impact and policy responses» added.
- New modules «How to Make References: Guideline» added.
- New opportunity «Call For Expression Of Interest For Provision Of International Technical Assistance in the DATA Initiative supported by USAID» added.
- New opportunity «The European Union supports Armenian businesses through “Innovation for Economic Recovery for Micro, Small and Medium Size non-tech Companies” Grants Programme» added.
- New opportunity «Creative Cities: Stories from an emerging creative generation» added.
No file choosen