Call for Applications: CINergy Creative Networking Project
The Media landscape in Europe is undergoing significant changes caused by the war in Ukraine. On one hand, people more than ever need accurate and trustworthy information.
On the other hand, the media outlets themselves are facing dramatic financial and other problems. All individual media actors – journalist, factcheckers, influencers and citizen-driven media are struggling with hate speech, mental health problems and personal security issues. They are facing a wide range of difficulties from staying impartial, to keeping the audience engaged and ensuring the physical survival of correspondents on the field.
Unlike the pandemic, the war in Ukraine prompted the polarisation of media in Europe due to the different historical and political backgrounds of each country.
What is CINergy?
CINergy is a 6-months creative networking program which enables participants from different backgrounds
- to set cross-border dialogue and cooperation present media initiatives on the international level outline current challenges and look for solutions, strengthening creative spirit
- break stereotypes through better understanding of political/social/cultural context of other participants
- create positive messages for their audience
This initiative was launched with the aim of encouraging young media actors from different countries to make first-step connections and exchange experiences, achieve potential cooperation, and work on joint solutions to overcome problems in crisis situations. The result of this cooperation may vary from original content and innovative formats to new projects or concrete ideas that can be produced by joint efforts.
Who may take part in CINergy?
60 young participants from Ukraine, Western Balkans, Eastern Europe (Baltic states, Moldova, Belarus), Romania, Armenia and Georgia:
- Influencers (Youtube, Tik-tok, Instagram, etc bloggers)
- NGO workers
- Fact Checkers
How does it work?
The 6-month networking project includes a series of online and in person events, hackathons master classes, workshops, dialogue club, etc.
When is it taking place?
October 2022 - March 2023
Deadline for application: September, 25
Security is one of the major focuses of DW Akademie projects. The project is designed with care for the physical and emotional security of the participants.
If you are interested, please fill out the online form at this link
Travel costs will be covered, and the best ideas will be awarded and promoted in Berlin.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by Risomastic NGO: Point of View (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Granting Opportunity from UNICEF Armenia: Promoting the Rights of Children with Disability» added.
- New opportunity «Training Opportunity from TIAC: Organization of Anti-Corruption Education (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: CINergy Creative Networking Project» added.
- New research «Research: Freedom of Information in Armenia (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by EU Neighbours East: Young European Ambassador (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Info session for possible applicants to "EU4Youth: Student Democracy Now" Project's Grant Scheme (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen