Call for Applications: Training Political Ideology and Theory
The Capacity 4 Democracy NGO that is an organization aiming to support the empowerment of liberal democratic organizations and like-minded individuals in the countries of East Europe, in cooperation with the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom South Caucasus invites all interested individuals to apply for participation in a 3-days training session on Political Ideology and Theory that will take place in Aghveran, Armenia from 8th to 10th October 2021.
Information on the Topic and Methodology
Knowledge about political ideologies and theory is a mostly invisible but important factor in political day-to-day work. This knowledge and the adoption of basic principals in the form of a political program belong to the foundation of modern political- parties and youth organizations as well as other organizations in civil society. Unfortunately, knowledge of these important fundamentals is still low among young political activists in Armenia. Therefore the “Training on Political Ideology and Theory for Political Activists” is primarily aiming at educating Armenians active in political work in the programmatical and theoretical basics of political activism. The main focus will be on liberal ideology, but the participants shall also be given concise information about other political ideologies and how they compare to Liberalism. The training will also give a detailed overview over the fundamentals of “liberal democracy” as a model of organizing state and society as this is strongly affiliated with the roots of Liberalism.
Secondly the training will also provide activists from different liberal- and democratic organizations as well as individual activists with the possibility to exchange their views on ideology and political work as well as to prove their social skills by working and interacting with each other. In terms of methodology the event is following a strong participatory approach by stimulating creative thinking and creativity of the participants’ rather than concentrating on didactic lecturing. To facilitate this approach the training will include group-sessions with textual work. The participants will be asked to study different textexcerpts by political thinkers and discuss the essentials of the excerpts in their groups. In conclusion the groups should come up with concise presentations of these essentials in the plenum to compare and discuss their findings with other participants. These group-sessions will be framed by several lectures, trainings and panels on the subject. The lecturers and trainers will give brief input on the different subjects and enable the participants to understand basic models and ideas that are essential for the success of the group sessions.
Accommodation for participants and the conference will be at Arthurs Aghveran Resort in Aghveran.
Deadline for applications is the 15th of September!
Participants will be notified on the 17th of September.
Please also make sure that you have answered the questions concerning your motivation. The following points will be considered in the process of choosing participants:
• The event is limited to 20 participants.
• In the selection the organizers will spend special attention to activists with a regional background.
• The event is primarily for activists without much experience in the mentioned topic.
• An understanding knowledge of English is a plus but not a prerequisite to attend the event.
We will review application on a rolling base! If you apply early your chances to be selected are increased.
Rules of Participation
The following rules are set for participation in the event:
• There is no participation fee for the event.
• Organizers will cover full accommodation, conference material and food during the event.
• Transfer to the event location will be provided by the organizers (from and to Yerevan) as well as local travel.
• Please only apply, if you are planning to attend the event.
Participants are expected to attend the session in full.
Special Advice concerning the COVID19-Pandemic
To participate in the event you have to proof a) that you have been vaccinated against COVID19 or b) completely cured from an infection or c) provide a valid test on the first day that is not older than 24 hours old. The organizers will provide intensive measures to reduce risk of exposure. This includes adequate distances in the conference room and a venue with a professional hygienic concept. We also advise that participants might be requested to wear adequate masks in the conference-room and the public areas of the venue. However the organizers can’t accept liability or responsibility for damages, injuries or exposure to the virus. We are looking forward to your applications! If you have any questions you can contact the organizers at any time ([email protected]) at any time.
Please fill the form in latin characters!! The three last questions (Motivation, Events, Practical Usage) can be filled in Armenian ((if the applicant is not able to communicate in English)
ONLY applicants with residence in Armenia will be considered for the event! If you don't fulfill these criteria (e.g. you are Armenian living abroad) please contact the organizers before application ([email protected]).
DATA SECURITY DISCLAIMER: The data you supply here is only used for the selection process and organization of the event. We don't use your data for any other needs. In case you choose to agree to receive further information from us, we will send you invitations and other information to your E-Mail address (max. 1-2 E-Mails per month). Supplied data will be deleted after the finalization of the event.
To apply. click here!
The draft agenda can be found here!
- New opportunity «Study Opportunity: A Podcast about Erasmus+ in Armenia» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Grants for Civil Society Organisations in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine on Access to Justice for Victims of Discrimination» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Participation: Adami Media Prize» added.
- New opportunity «Job or Vaccination What the Citizens Would Choose? Online Debate» added.
- New opportunity «Open Call: State and Law One-day Training» added.
- New opportunity «Open Call: Critical Thinking School» added.
- New opportunity «Grant opportunity: Visegrad+ Grants to Democratization and Transformation Processes» added.
No file choosen