Opportunity from IRI (International Republican Institute): Program Officer (Executive Branch)
International Republican Institute is looking for a Program Officer (PO). The incumbent will be tasked with conducting governance related capacity building activities in the Government of Armenia. The PO is a member of the program team composed of the Senior Program Manager (SPM), Program Officer (Parliament), Program Associate and M&E Specialist. The PO will assist the Resident Program Director (RPD) and the SPM in the implementation and reporting of all project activities, provide relevant analysis of governance reform and engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
The Program Officer (Executive Branch) will assist the Resident Program Director (RPD) and Senior Program Manager (SPM) in the management and implementation of program activities.
- Design, plan and take the lead in the coordination and implementation of the executive branch program objectives, including the organization of various trainings, seminars, workshops, conferences and other activities.
- Establish and maintain strategic communication with program counterparts, including the staff of the partner Ministries, Prime Minister’s Office and other Government agencies/bodies, to ensure smooth implementation and progress of the program.
- Ensure information flow and exchange, mutual information and planning with RPD, SPM, Program Officer (Legislative Branch), Program Associate and MEL & Contracts Officer.
- Prepare meeting reports and updates about program progress and submit to MEL & Contracts Officer.
- Participate in development of IRI strategies and annual action plan.
- Participate in new project idea generation and proposal drafting.
- As necessary, conduct research and provide context update and/or policy recommendations to RPD and SPM for the purposes of programmatic reports and/or planning and implementation of the program activities.
- Coordinate with Logistics Coordinator/Office Manager, Field Accountant and Program Associate in preparation of various program activities, including trainings, seminars, workshops, conferences, listening tours.
- Cooperate with the MEL & Contracts Officer in the process of hiring experts for the purposes of the program activities.
- Other duties as assigned by RPD.
- Master's degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Development, Law or another relevant field;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- 3-5 years of experience in implementing development related projects, preferably in the field of democratic governance.
- Experience working on USAID or other similar donor projects and programs strongly preferred
Required candidate level: Mid level
ABOUT COMPANY: Established in April 1983, IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process, including women and youth.
Project management , Analytics and research, Report writing, Intercultural communication skills
Leadership skills, Negotiation skills, Written communication skills, Flexible
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Interested parties are requested to send a cover letter and CV to: [email protected] indicating the position title ("Program Officer (Executive Branch) ") in the subject line of the email.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by Risomastic NGO: Point of View (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Granting Opportunity from UNICEF Armenia: Promoting the Rights of Children with Disability» added.
- New opportunity «Training Opportunity from TIAC: Organization of Anti-Corruption Education (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: CINergy Creative Networking Project» added.
- New research «Research: Freedom of Information in Armenia (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by EU Neighbours East: Young European Ambassador (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Info session for possible applicants to "EU4Youth: Student Democracy Now" Project's Grant Scheme (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen