Job Opportunity by Prague Civil Society Center: Local Media Consultant
Job title: Local Media Consultant (Armenia)
Location: Home based in Armenia
Reports to: Senior Grants Programme Officer
Application deadline: March 13, 2023
The Prague Civil Society Centre is hiring a Local Media Consultant in Armenia. The role will be part-time based in Armenia and will enhance the in-country presence of the Centre’s media programmes The contract will be for an initial period of 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
The consultant will be selected based on his/her experience and reputation, and knowledge of the media landscape and political and societal developments in the country.
About the Prague Civil Society Centre
The Prague Civil Society Centre is an NGO which supports and empowers civil society across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change and work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, the Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civic ecosystem.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
The Local Consultant will work in close partnership with the respective Programme Officer to:
• Explore new media initiatives whose work could be relevant for the Centre’s programmes.
• Monitor ongoing media projects and maintain contact with media outlets supported by the Centre in Armenia provide regular feedback and assessment of their work.
• Contribute to the assessment of applications for the Centre’s programmes received from the country including content assessment, information verification and reference checking.
• Submit written reports and media digests upon the request of the Programme Officer.
• Attend events and meetings in the country on behalf of the Prague Civil Society Centre.
Qualification & Requirements
• At least five years’ experience in media or related areas;
• Fluency in Armenian and English (essential), good command of Russian;
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel), cybersecurity literacy, experience with managing databases;
• High level of personal integrity, professional honesty and objectivity;
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, ability to deal with diverse groups of people:
• High-level of self-organisation, reliability and diligence in approach to work
• Readiness and flexibility to travel within the country (Armenia) and to the Centre’s headquarters (Prague)
The role is part-time (up to 20 hours per week) with flexible working hours.
Interested candidates should fill in the application form, including their CV and motivation letter in PDF form, as well as contact information for two references.
One the application form, please chose the role Armenia Media Consultant. Applications are due March 13, 2023.
Should you have any questions, contact us at [email protected]
Unfortunately, due to the expected number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview in February/March. The expected start is April/May.
*The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
- New opportunity «Request for Applications for an assessment of private sector funding opportunities to civil society organizations (CSOs)» added.
- New opportunity «REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS (RFA) CSA/Counterpart for Intermediate Service Organization (ISO)» added.
- New opportunity «The Local Roots of Global Peace: Junior Voices on Global Security and Human Rights 4th Annual International Conference» added.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Media Initiatives Center: Media Literacy Specialist/Program Manager (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Dr. Anna Ohanyan Speaks about Recent Geopolitical Developments» added.
- New news «EPF Director Gevorg Ter-Gabrielyan Speaks on Future, Criminal Slang and More (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Political Dialogue NGO: Program Manager (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen