Job Opportunity from DEUTSCHE WELLE AKADEMIE: Audience Researcher / Moderator
Position: Audience Researcher / Moderator
Number of Work Days: 80-120 days
Start Date: 01.09.2021
End Date: 30.11.2021
Project & Organization: European Media Facility in Armenia – Building Sustainable and Professional Media
Announcement Date: 27.07.2021
The consortium consisting of DW Akademie, BBC MA, OSIAF (executed by OSF-Armenia), Hetq and Factor implement the EU co-funded project “European Media Facility in Armenia – Building Sustainable and Professional Media” funded by the European Union: EU for Armenia. The overall aim of the project is to contribute to a vibrant Armenian media sector that is able to fulfil its role as a watchdog for Armenian society. In particular, the project aims to support independent Armenian media to become more professional and financially sustainable. The project foresees a whole set of activities, for instance the set up of an E-School for media management, capacity building for fact-checking and investigative reporting, strengthening networks within Armenia as well as with Eastern Neighborhood and European counterparts, and the financial support to regional media organisations.
The project started on 1st December 2020 and will last for three years. Within implementation the project will target media managers and independent journalists from national and regional media outlets, journalism students, small regional media outlets as well as local stakeholders such as universities.
For further information for this project, please find updates on the project on our social media page.
The primary responsibilities of the current position are:
- In cooperation with the project team, plan, structure and implement performance measurement and audience reporting for partners including local media outlets.
- Moderate and coordinate the online and offline audience research sessions and focus groups
- Create suggestion packages for using digital measurement tools, and follow-up that phase with face-to-face interviews to understand audience behavior, expectations and attitudes.
- In cooperation with the project team lead the work to improve our partners’ understanding of audience perceptions on the quality of their content, and identify compelling audience stories that inspire action from our partners.
- In cooperation with the project team lead the work to identify areas where our partners need to evolve, and to improve the team’s ability to make data-led decisions.
- Evaluate implementation of the research and provide feedback for further adjustment, if needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent moderating skills
- Proven record of achievement in audience or consumer research
- In-depth knowledge of audience research techniques gained through experience.
- Thorough understanding of the media industry.
- Proven record of successfully managing complex projects in media development or relevant fields.
- Previous work experience with DW Akademie or other international media development organizations will be considered as a plus.
- Academic or professional training in audience research will be considered as a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and ability to identify challenges and seek out new ways of doing things.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to share knowledge, ideas and skills.
- Excellent Armenian and English speaking and writing skills. Knowledge of Russian and/or German language will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Effective IT skills – able to use tools and software; familiarity with appropriate applications (Microsoft Office, email, communication platforms).
- Minimum a master’s degree in comparable fields.
All interested candidates, who qualify for the above-listed requirements, are invited to send their resume and a daily gross rate no later than 22.08.2021 to the following address: [email protected] with a subject line Audience research consultant.
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany's international broadcaster, distributing journalistic offerings worldwide - multimedia and in 30 languages. In addition, DW Akademie strengthens the human right to freedom of information and expression in 50 developing and emerging countries. As a member of ARD, we are proud to make a significant contribution to the diversity of opinion and media with our diverse and high-quality offerings.
We promote diversity and equal opportunities. Your application is welcome regardless of your nationality, cultural, ethnic or social background, sexual orientation, age, gender or impairment. We particularly welcome applications from women for this position. The position can also be filled by part-time employees if interested. In case of equal aptitude we especially take people with severe disabilities into consideration.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Hartak NGO: Interviewer (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Public Radio of Armenia Covers Multidimensional Poverty and EPF's Efforts to Address It (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: Intercultural Achievement Award» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: European Heritage Days Stories 2023» added.
- New opportunity «Certificate Program Opportunity: Graduare Certificate in Mediation and Conflict Resolution, University of San Diego» added.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Hartak NGO: Sociologist (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: Prince Claus Seed Awards 2023» added.
No file choosen