Job Opportunity from DEUTSCHE WELLE AKADEMIE: Consultant in Strategic Management
Position: Consultant in Strategic Management
Number of Work Days: maximum 80 days
Start Date: 01.09.2021
End Date: 31.12.2021
Project & Organization: Building Sustainable and Professional Media in Armenia, DW Akademie
Announcement Date: 27.07.2021
The consortium consisting of DW Akademie, BBC MA, OSIAF (executed by OSF-Armenia), Hetq and Factor implement the EU co-funded project “European Media Facility in Armenia – Building Sustainable and Professional Media” funded by the European Union: EU for Armenia. The overall aim of the project is to contribute to a vibrant Armenian media sector that is able to fulfil its role as a watchdog for Armenian society. In particular, the project aims to support independent Armenian media to become more professional and financially sustainable. The project foresees a whole set of activities, for instance the set-up of an E-School for media management, capacity building for fact-checking and investigative reporting, strengthening networks within Armenia as well as with Eastern Neighborhood and European counterparts, and the financial support to regional media organisations.
The project started on 1st December 2020 and will last for three years. Within implementation the project will target media managers and independent journalists from national and regional media outlets, journalism students, small regional media outlets as well as local stakeholders such as universities.
For further information for this project, please find updates on the project on our social media page.
Local media outlets in Armenia today face numerous problems, which have negative impact on operating efficiency of these organizations. In addition to ever-changing local market landscape and rapid development of new technologies, media organizations face diverse internal challenges to institutional development that is vital to their economic health.
We are looking to hire a strategy consultant to assist out partner media organizations in improving their business practices.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Research local media market and study current market trends.
- Facilitate discussions with partner media organizations to elaborate improvements in the following areas: financial management, processes and workflows, business goals and objectives, behavior and practices of competitors.
- Perform analysis (including qualitative and quantitative, if/when necessary) to draw solutions and proposed changes; present individual analytical reports to partners. In addition to adequate changes in key areas of management as mentioned above, special emphasis must be paid to necessary budget cuts, diversification of revenues, and financial growth.
- Maintain regular communication with the partners to help them introduce and implement proposed recommendations.
- Monitor the effect of those changes and report to the partners as well as the DWA project staff to facilitate a data-based decision-making.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven record of achievement in managing for-profit organizations.
- Detailed knowledge of market behavior and trends in different industries. Knowledge of or work experience in the media industry will be considered as a plus.
- Strong project management skills with a proven work record of successfully managing complex projects.
- 2 plus years’ experience as a strategy consultant.
- Previous work experience with DW Akademie will be considered as a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to share knowledge, ideas and skills.
- Excellent English and Russian speaking and writing skills. Knowledge of German language will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Effective IT skills – able to use tools and software; familiarity with appropriate applications (Microsoft Office, email, communication platforms).
- At least a BA degree in business management or relevant field.
All interested candidates, who qualify for the above-listed requirements, are invited to send their resume and a daily gross rate no later than 29.08.2021 to the following address: [email protected] with a subject line Consultant in Strategic Management.
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany's international broadcaster, distributing journalistic offerings worldwide - multimedia and in 30 languages. In addition, DW Akademie strengthens the human right to freedom of information and expression in 50 developing and emerging countries. As a member of ARD, we are proud to make a significant contribution to the diversity of opinion and media with our diverse and high-quality offerings.
We promote diversity and equal opportunities. Your application is welcome regardless of your nationality, cultural, ethnic or social background, sexual orientation, age, gender or impairment. We particularly welcome applications from women for this position. The position can also be filled by part-time employees if interested. In case of equal aptitude we especially take people with severe disabilities into consideration.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Hartak NGO: Interviewer (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Public Radio of Armenia Covers Multidimensional Poverty and EPF's Efforts to Address It (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: Intercultural Achievement Award» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: European Heritage Days Stories 2023» added.
- New opportunity «Certificate Program Opportunity: Graduare Certificate in Mediation and Conflict Resolution, University of San Diego» added.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Hartak NGO: Sociologist (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: Prince Claus Seed Awards 2023» added.
No file choosen