Job Opportunity from Institute for War and Peace Reporting: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Consultant
Deadline for applications: 3 February 2023
Location: Tbilisi (desired); other locations can also be considered (Eastern Partnership countries preferred).
Contract type: Consultant
Start date: 15 February 2023
End date: 31 March 2023, potential to be extended by a further 12 months.
We are seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Consultant whose main responsibility will be to lead monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and reporting for the ‘Building Resilience in the Eastern Neighbourhood (BREN)’ project. BREN is an IWPR initiative focused on providing support to civil society in the South Caucasus and Moldova, particularly focusing on women’s rights and minorities. BREN is currently finalising its second year of implementation and is delivering strong results. MEL plan, system and tools are already in place. The MEL Consultant’s primary role will be to lead monitoring and evaluation of the project utilising the already developed MEL framework.
Operating on an “on demand basis”, the MEL Consultant will support and build the capacity of project staff and partners to collect data throughout the project in order to monitor the quality of outputs and to evaluate outcomes. The MEL Consultant will integrate new MEL techniques and approaches to best capture, analyse and share results in a simple and effective manner for timely decision making and learning for staff, partners and key stakeholders.
The consultant’s work and products will contribute to a nascent regional MEL system. The consultant will be asked to contribute to its smooth functioning and to engage or facilitate regional and cross regional learning and planning sessions. Secondary support may later include proposal development related tasks.
The successful candidate will have significant MEL experience for non-profit organisations in the South Caucasus and Moldova, with a strong track record in ensuring donor compliance with reporting and other MEL activity.
The successful candidates will:
- Undertake project-specific MEL work as required, such as revising the project Theory of Change, refining a project’s monitoring and evaluation plan, coordinating a monthly, quarterly, mid or end term evaluation of a project, or improving accountability to communities and stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the project and its constituent subgrants.
- Develop user friendly templates for reporting, including online dashboards as per needs.
- Design and facilitate mid-term and end-of-project evaluations in collaboration with the Program Managers, including generating related reports.
- Assist the Program Manager and the MEL Manager in strengthening and populating data for the regional MEL system.
- Assist the Program Manager in collecting data for potential project outputs, such as project impact stories.
- Engage in IWPR cross-regional learning opportunities and initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality funding applications, with a particular focus on the design of the project theory of change, monitoring frameworks, log frames and other MEL components of proposals.
- Ensure that collection and storage of MEL data is compliant with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), IWPR data protection and safeguarding policies.
- Provide MEL capacity building for staff and grantees to ensure their meaningful high quality involved in data collection, analysis and learning.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree level education in a relevant field.
- Minimum five years of experience in qualitative and quantitative social research, ideally within the media and international NGOs. In-depth experience in data collection, statistical analysis and reporting, including computer-based statistical packages and databases.
- In-depth knowledge of USG, UK, EU and other donor requirements.
- Minimum five years of experience in the design and implementation of MEL systems and tools in an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) or relevant environment.
- Substantial experience developing, implementing, and supporting a range of MEL systems and tools with communities and implementing partners and building partners’ capacity in such systems and tools.
- Experience in developing Theory of Change, M&E frameworks, indicators.
- Knowledge of qualitative and participatory evaluations, such as Most Significant Change, Outcome Harvesting etc.
- Proven expertise in delivering capacity building and training on MEL in diverse settings (organisations, communities etc).
- Experience designing and delivering evaluations of complex development programs.
- Significant experience collating, analysing and presenting evidence using statistical, wide analyses, graphical visualisation including dashboards.
- Excellent project and report writing skills.
- Experience working in media development and/or media for development (strongly preferred).
- Advanced computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google docs and applications relevant to MEL.
- Experience contributing to new business proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain productive relationships at all levels and ensure clear, effective communication with colleagues and partners.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required.
- Equivalent combination of education
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, veteran status or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply, click here!
- New opportunity «Request for Applications for an assessment of private sector funding opportunities to civil society organizations (CSOs)» added.
- New opportunity «REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS (RFA) CSA/Counterpart for Intermediate Service Organization (ISO)» added.
- New opportunity «The Local Roots of Global Peace: Junior Voices on Global Security and Human Rights 4th Annual International Conference» added.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Media Initiatives Center: Media Literacy Specialist/Program Manager (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Dr. Anna Ohanyan Speaks about Recent Geopolitical Developments» added.
- New news «EPF Director Gevorg Ter-Gabrielyan Speaks on Future, Criminal Slang and More (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Job Opportunity from Political Dialogue NGO: Program Manager (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen