Job Opportunity from Teach for Armenia: Civic Education Expert
Title: Civic Education Expert
Type: One-Year Fixed-Term Contract w/ the Possibility of Extension
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Teach For Armenia is building a movement of leaders who will reshape what it means to provide an excellent education for all children across the nation. We aim to cultivate students who can harness their voices and shape a changing world while being committed to their communities. This will require support at every level of leadership, from our teachers in the classroom to the highest-ranking officials. Teach For Armenia aims to accomplish this vision by recruiting promising leaders, both in Armenia and from across the diaspora, to teach for a 2-year commitment in schools where their knowledge and skills are needed. In the long-run, our organization is cultivating a network of changemakers, inclusive of our students, their communities, our Alumni, government officials, community partners, supporters, and affiliates from across Teach For All.
Teach For Armenia seeks a Civic Education Expert for an anticipated USAID Armenia Civics for Education project. The project will support youth civic education to boost the role of youth in building a democratic culture and developing an informed citizenry. In alignment with Teach For Armenia’s Community Impact Philosophy, the project will aim to cultivate student leaders who can advocate for civic responsibility, local ingenuity, and global connectivity. This position is contingent on funding. Click here to read about Teach For Armenia’s approach to civic education and positive youth development. The Civic Education Expert will leverage international best practices in order to develop effective programming to promote civic education and youth civic engagement across the country.
NOTE: This role is contingent on funding.
The Civic Education Expert will report to the Head of Civic Education and will work in tandem The Civic Education Expert will report to the Managing DirectorHead of Civic Education and will work in tandem with the Head of Civic Education and the Head of Youth Civic Engagement to develop civic education and engagement programming for youth in formal and informal education settings.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Our team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership we are striving to cultivate in our classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify our Kochari, hold ourselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when we ourselves falter.
For this role specifically, we are also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Youth Civic Engagement: Given the scope of the project, we are looking for an expert who has a deep understanding of how to design programs that promote student leadership and civic engagement, specifically through formal education.
- Program Design & Capacity Building: We are looking for an expert who understands who to develop effective programming that will develop the capacity of youth, adults, as well as organizations.
- Project Management: Both experts must know how to manage complex projects involving multiple stakeholders in order to meet critical deadlines and benchmarks.
- Stakeholder Management: Our experts must be able to work effectively with various stakeholders in order to implement programs in order to influence system-wide change.
- Monitoring & Reporting: Our experts must be well-versed in developing strong Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) systems in accordance with USAID’s requirements.
Aside from these core competencies, we are also looking for the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; An advanced degree is highly preferred;
- Minimum 6+ years of demonstrated experience in civic education;
- Knowledge of government stakeholders and the education system or the civil society ecosystem in Armenia;
- Thorough knowledge of the role of civil society in the political, social, economic, and cultural context;
- Experience in and ability to establish strong working relationships with civil society and other stakeholders, including government and local government officials, media, private sector and international donors;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Armenian and English are required.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Project Management (10%)
- Set a clear vision for implementation with intended outcomes
- Map out priorities, create a clear timeline with deadlines, and track towards intended outcomes
- Coordinate with implementation partners to ensure milestones are met
- Project Management (10%)
- Program Development & Implementation (30%)
- Leverage Teach For Armenia’s Kochari and Community Impact Philosophy in order to design a robust youth civic engagement programming, specially for formal education
- Keep track of innovations within the field of youth engagement and development programming and apply innovations to project implementation
- Work in close collaboration with consortium members, beneficiaries, and stakeholders in order to implement programming
- Stakeholder Management & Capacity Building (30%)
- Communicate with stakeholders, consortium members, and beneficiaries in order to ensure effective implementation of the program
- Lead capacity building efforts for government partners, civic society partners, as well as other stakeholders
- Reporting (25%)
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize outcomes and report progress to various stakeholders
- Other (5%)
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed in order to successfully meet the intended outcomes of the program
NOTE: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter through the official job posting (found on Teach For Armenia’s website). In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to our mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of our students and their communities. As such we are an organization that is committed to equity and we strive to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply for the job here.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by Risomastic NGO: Point of View (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Granting Opportunity from UNICEF Armenia: Promoting the Rights of Children with Disability» added.
- New opportunity «Training Opportunity from TIAC: Organization of Anti-Corruption Education (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: CINergy Creative Networking Project» added.
- New research «Research: Freedom of Information in Armenia (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by EU Neighbours East: Young European Ambassador (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Info session for possible applicants to "EU4Youth: Student Democracy Now" Project's Grant Scheme (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen