Job Opportunity: Research Director
Position: Research Director
Term: Full time
Duration: Long term, with three months of probation period
Start date: February 15, 2021
Reports to: CEO
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Opening date: 30.12.2020
The Caucasus Research Resource Center (CRRC) – Armenia Foundation is looking for a Research Director. This is a unique opportunity to design, participate in, and contribute to a range of research and research capacity building projects that the Foundation undertakes.
The Research Director leads methodological innovation, research design and training, ensures the quality of on-going research, including generation of research outputs in various forms (analytical reports, data briefs, blog, presentations). Contribution to research project development and management is part of the profile. It is essential for the research director to be a team player and have proven research project management skills, be a strategic thinker committed to development, learning and innovation in research.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and enhances the ongoing research providing insight and scholarly innovation, especially in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods research, as well as research capacity building activities of CRRC-Armenia;
- Leads and contributes to capacity building in research methodology, research design based on innovative methods and approaches;
- Directs generation of high quality research output in a range of different formats to reach a broad audience for CRRC’s work;
- Works closely with CRRC staff to support the development of cohesive research strategies;
- Contributes to identifying potential sources for funding research projects and project proposal development in strategic priority themes;
- Communicates with donors, partners and other stakeholders locally and internationally in terms of research project design and implementation; encourages regional and global cooperation in research;
- Contributes to research project management to ensure maximum impact through well planned and managed team work and associated workflow;
- Is competent in managing talent in research;
- Undertakes other duties to further CRRC’s overall strategic goals.
- Educational attainment ideally must be at the PhD level, preferably in social sciences with extensive research and research project management experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible and demonstrated results in research in international context, with application of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods (including evaluations) research;
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent writing skills in Armenian and English are required, knowledge of Russian is desirable;
- Strong computer and statistical software skills;
- Strong evidence of being a successful team player is a must.
How to apply
Interested candidates with appropriate qualifications are requested to submit a CV, a motivation letter and a writing sample/short essay (in English) on social science development to [email protected] by January 15, 2021 COB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Candidates may be required to take a written test and to deliver a presentation.
- New opportunity «Mardamej 2021 announcement» added.
- New opportunity «Vacancy Announcement. Program Assistant» added.
- New opportunity «Open call for a project assistant (trans* working group facilitator)» added.
- New opportunity «Tenured professor in Armenian studies» added.
- New news «Job Announcement: Fundraising Manager» added.
- New opportunity «Way to work» added.
- New opportunity «SLD host grant» added.
No file choosen