Scholarship Opportunity: "Storytelling in Journalism: from Hard Data to Harder Narratives" Media Training Program
The training will take place in Goris, Armenia from July 25 - 29, 2022. The scholarship will cover costs of participating in the training as well as accommodation expenses, breakfast and lunch for its duration, and transport to and from Goris from either Yerevan or Stepanakert. Participants will receive a Certificate upon completion of the program.
The purpose of this training is to equip potential journalists, who live in or around conflict zones in Armenia and Artsakh, with the proper tools and skill-set in producing effective content so that they can reach an international audience. Other than full time journalists or journalism students, we also look for writers or bloggers who are active on social media and want to switch from activism to journalism. Regardless of their background, all participants must have the drive, passion and commitment to bring local stories to a global audience.
The training will be led by renowned journalists and conflict specialists: Karlos Zurutuza, Andoni Lubaki and Jewan Abdi. It focuses on human rights and conflict issues, develops sensibilization campaigns and conducts media training workshops in conflict and post-conflict regions.
Scholarships that cover the participation fees of the second annual Media Training Program: “Storytelling in Journalism: from hard data to harder narratives,” as well as accommodation expenses and breakfast and lunch for its duration, will be provided to up to 25 people living in Armenia and Artsakh. Transportation for participants from Yerevan to and from Goris will also be arranged.
The application opens on May 9th and closes on June 5th at 23:59pm (local Armenian time).
For full announcement and application, please click here.
- New research «Capturing Migration in the Armenian and Regional Contexts» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives – Armenia» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications: Social Impact Award 2022 (in Armenian)» added.
- New opportunity «Third round of calls for proposals for EU 4 Gender Equality: Together against gender stereotypes and gender-based violence"» added.
- New opportunity «SocCamp 2022» added.
- New opportunity «Research Grant from Deutsche Welle Akademie: Coverage of Environmental Topics in Armenian Media Sector» added.
- New opportunity «USAID/Armenia: Local Works Support to Consolidated Communities in Armenia» added.
No file choosen