Summer School The Eastern Partnership: "Current situation and possible prospects"
The Eastern Partnership: "Current situation and possible prospects"
Date: August 18 - 23, 2019
Venue: near Minsk, Belarus
Application deadline: July 10, 2019
Working language: English
The Summer school invites young professionals working on EaP policy fields to build a network, deepen their knowledge about the EaP and to prepare proposals for it improvement.
The Eastern Partnership Summer School aims to:
• establish contacts and build networks among young professionals from the EU and EaP countries, committed to improvement of the geopolitical and geo-economic situation in the EU’s Eastern Neighborhood;
• serve as a communication platform for the exchange of young leaders with different views on the future of the EaP and thus help to formulate common positions;
• enhance understanding of main challenges in the EaP region;
• provide a platform for exchange of best practices;
• develop concrete recommendations and proposals for the EaP improvement.
During an intensive 5-day-school, the participants will go through a carefully balanced programme of lectures, discussions with top experts and practitioners from the EU and EaP countries, as well as practical workshop parts and excursions.
The goal is to identify areas of common interest and to work out a joint action plan. With the support of senior researchers, the participants will have the opportunity to develop their analytical project devoted to problem-solving within different dimensions of the Eastern Partnership.
The call is open for young researchers and experts:
• from the EU and EaP countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova);
• working in the field of international relations, law, NGO, social sciences;
• aged between 25 and 35 years;
• having a good command of English;
• being prepared to contribute intensely, including preparation of input presentations ahead.
Organizers and supporters:
The School is organized by the Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, in cooperation with the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Belarus Office.
Process of application:
Please fill in the application form.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted until July 14, 2019. CV and motivation letter have to be provided for a successful submission of the application form. The motivation letter should consist of a personal statement no longer than one page and relate directly to this year’s topic of the International Summer School.
Costs (meals, accommodation, travel) relevant to the participation in the School will be covered by the organizers.
For any additional inquiries please contact the Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus:
- New opportunity «Call for Proposals on Nature-Based Women-Led Enterprises» added.
- New opportunity «Reporters in the Field for Crossborder Journalism» added.
- New opportunity «New Projec in Armenia: Slam Poetry Youth Art» added.
- New opportunity «Part-time Nagorno-Karabakh Correspondent Wanted» added.
- New opportunity «Part-time Armenia Correspondent Wanted» added.
- New news «CiviCERT-AM team starts working for Armenian civil society-NGOs» added.
- New news «Art and War. Interview with Areg Balayan» added.
No file choosen