USC Policy Fellows – Summer 2019 Call for Applications
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
INSTITUTE OF ARMENIAN STUDIES
POLICY FELLOWS PROGRAM
The Institute of Armenian Studies at the University of Southern California, in collaboration with the City of Los Angeles and the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister of Armenia, is announcing a call for applications to the USC Policy Fellows Program. Only current civil servants within Armenia’s Government (or other government offices) are eligible to apply.
In the framework of the Los Angeles – Yerevan Sister City relationship, the USC Institute of Armenian Studies will work together with the office of Councilmember Paul Krekorian and the office of Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan to select and place early and mid-career professionals (recent graduates who work in government and public service capacities) in policy planning positions throughout the City of Los Angeles to learn from and contribute to the process of improving lives in both cities. This is a unique hands-on opportunity for Armenia’s civil servants. Participants will be placed in various departments below depending on their current position / aspirations. They include but are not limited to the departments of transportation, public works, economic development, education, building and safety, water and power, controller, finance, sanitation and city planning.
TERM OF SERVICE IN LOS ANGELES
June 17 – September 13, 2019
While in Los Angeles, in addition to their work at the City of Los Angeles, participants will take advantage of the rich resources available to them through the USC Institute of Armenian Studies, including but not limited to attendance at lectures, conferences, discussions; meetings with relevant specialists; access to scholarship.
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree, proficient knowledge of English
- Currently working for the executive or local government offices in Armenia
- CVs must be emailed to [email protected] by May 24, 2019
* Selections will be made by May 29, 2019.
* The USC Institute of Armenian Studies will cover living expenses for accepted applicants during the duration of stay in Los Angeles, as well as travel and visa expenses.
- New news «Firdus: the Memory of a Place» added.
- New opportunity ««Ինչպե՞ս ստեղծել որակյալ տեքստեր» երկօրյա դասընթաց» added.
- New opportunity «Կրթաթոշակ Ռուսական հեղափոխության ուսումնասիրության համար (ռուսերեն)» added.
- New opportunity «Join to Team of the Restart Gyumri Initiative» added.
- New opportunity «Summer School The Eastern Partnership: "Current situation and possible prospects"» added.
- New news «Kansikas on Ohanyan, 'Russia Abroad: Driving Regional Fracture in Post-Communist Eurasia and Beyond'» added.
- New news «EAP CSF Armenian National Platform Statement on the Necessity of Radical Changes in the Judicial System of Armenia» added.
No file choosen