Visualizing Yerevan։ Call for Workshop participants
... is part of Visualizing Memory, an multimedia urban memory project, which employs novel visualization methods to explore the urban memory landscape from Berlin to Bishkek. In cooperation with the Heinrich Boell Foundation Yerevan Office- South Caucasus Region the Berlin-based NGO NIDID - New Ideas for Development, Identity and Democracy will turn in the project sequel to the capital of the Republic of Armenia.
The aim of our kick-off workshop held between August 31 and September 4, 2021 in Yerevan is to forge a 'fresh' perspective on the history of the city and foster a critical discussion on the impact of present-day urban transformations on the historical legacy of the city. The workshop comrises input seminars with video producers, multimedia curators and academic researchers on urban issues and visualization methods, ethnographic explorations, sensory sociology approaches and alternative city tours by local urban experts.
Together we want to identify the most pressing urban challenges and reflect on different visions of an alternative future city ingrained in the material layers of the present-day city.
Who we are looking for?
While we are especially encourage (becoming and practising) architects, city planners, journalists, social scientists or visual artists to apply, we are in general open to all applicants of all ages (18-∞) and background based in Yerevan with interest in the multi-facetted urban landscape of their city and curiosity to explore the following fields: local memory, urban history, social justice, photography and film-making as well as multimedia methods.
How to apply?
In order to get to know you a bit better we would like you to prepare a short statement of interest (250-300) and a current curriculum vitae not later than May 23, 2021.
For applications use our online form.
Contact e-mail: visualizing.memory[at]gmail.com
- New opportunity «Call for Book Chapters: From Multi-ethnic Societies to Homogeneous States: Collective Memory and Fiction on Emergence of Modern Nations, Armenia and Azerbaijan» added.
- New opportunity «All you need to know about vaccination in the time of COVID-19» added.
- New opportunity «Election Monitoring։ Call for applications» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Participation: Critical Thinking School» added.
- New news «USAID/Armenia’s Acting Mission Director David Hoffman’s interview with the Voice of America» added.
- New opportunity «Stanford GDPi-ICNL Tech Camp for Civic Space Defenders» added.
- New opportunity «Visualizing Yerevan» added.
No file choosen