“The Perspective” of Young Creators
From June 25, throughout four days the ‘Moscow’ cinema was welcoming its visitors with a bright summer pallet. That was the “Perspective” exhibition of the Unison NGO Art Studio Students. The director of the organization Armen Alaverdyan says that the name of the exhibition is symbolic, because children with disabilities that are coming to the studio start to believe in their creative possibilities, realization of their dreams and goals in the result of the classes.
“First the studio was small, and had only two or three students, now we face a pleasant problem, the number of participants has increased so much that we have to devide them into groups”, Armen Alaverdyan says.
The about 70 paintings presented in the exhibition are only one part of the paintings painted during the last year by the students. Anush Melkumyan, the head of “Unison” Art Studio says that the creations of the studio students were presented to different exhibitions in the past and the moment to have a separate exhibition had come.
“The number of students is growing. When a month ago I shared this idea with them, they started to count the days. They worked more enthusiastically, wanted to present as well in the exhibition as it is possible”, Anush Melkumyan says.
The initiative was supported by RA Ministry of Urban Development, “Moscow” cinema and “Paros” Foundation.
“The place of the exhibition was not selected by accident. Holding such an event in Moscow cinema allows everyone to come and participate in it without any exception. There are special elevator and weelchair ramps built here”, Unison NGO President Armen Alaverdyan says and adds that by this the stereotype that the old Ssoviet buildings cannot be suited to people with disabilities is broken. As if the exhibition by itself had the goal to break stereotypes.
- New opportunity «Invitation to a Summit by the New Democracy Fund: Civic Summit» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by Strive: Mentoring Cycles (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Gevorg Ter-Gabrielyan Recalls Downtown Yerevan of the 20th century (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Isabella Sargsyan on Issues in Yerevan Urban Planning (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 14: Guide for Policy Paper Development (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 13: The War According to Participant’s Stories. Anthropological Research (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 11: On "June 14", A Literary Contest Commemorating the Stalinist Repressions (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen