Workshop within the Support to Social Sector Reforms Program in Armenia
Within the framework of the Support to Social Sector Reforms Program in Armenia project, a two-part workshop was held on June 25. During the first part, a reflection was made to the reforms of child right system operating in the RA. The participants of the workshop were presented the three-level system of child protection operating in Armenia and a discussion was held concerning the role of NGOs that deal with child issues, the gaps and problems in the sphere and the kind of support that should be provided to these reforms.
During the second part of the Workshop, the progress in the process of SCO legislative improvement, the possibilities and possible limitations of the circulated draft law were discussed. The NGOs present at the discussion brought up their concrete proposals directed to the elimination of impediments in the legislative framework regulating the SCO operation.
In December of 2014 the Support to Social Sector Reforms Program in Armenia was launched in Yerevan and in RA 8 marzes. It is implemented by a consortium created by “Mission Armenia” benevolent non-governmental organization, Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development, Child Development Foundation and Counterpart International, and supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The main goal of the program is to facilitate the process of social reforms in Armenia and to promote an improved and sustained social protection system. The consortium works both with the civil society and individual citizens, by informing them, strengthening their capacity and involving them in the social policy reform process.
It is planned that the program will be working in 29 municipal communities. In 17 communities, civic initiative groups will be formed, that will constitute the core. There will be cooperation with local self-government bodies, main service providers, all the interested parties supporting to and involved in social sphere reforms. Small grants will be announced within the scope of the program, and cooperation will be established with the awarded NGOs.
The main four pillars of the program are: awareness raising, capacity building, monitoring process and advocacy. It is mainly adjacent to three social reforms: introduction of an integrated social services system; pension reforms, child rights protection.
- New opportunity «Invitation to a Summit by the New Democracy Fund: Civic Summit» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by Strive: Mentoring Cycles (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Gevorg Ter-Gabrielyan Recalls Downtown Yerevan of the 20th century (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Isabella Sargsyan on Issues in Yerevan Urban Planning (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 14: Guide for Policy Paper Development (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 13: The War According to Participant’s Stories. Anthropological Research (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 11: On "June 14", A Literary Contest Commemorating the Stalinist Repressions (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen