Yerevan Press Club Celebrated its 20th Anniversary
This year, on the occasion of the 20 anniversary of founding the Yerevan Press Club, the annual YPC award ceremony was held on July 18. Since 1998, YPC awards are conferred to the best journalists in Armenia, mass media and media organizations. During the event, the Yerevan Press Club President Boris Navasardyan mentioned, that the journalists working in the media field have a great role to play in public maturation. “The last two years were rather tense for the journalists, taking account the geopolitical challenges that cannot but influence our professional sphere. Today, in the media field, the main problem in covering domestic and foreign policy as well as country development issues, is to differentiate between the advocacy and journalism”, Boris Navasardyan said.
Since 2005, in the memory of colleagues that have untimely passed away, the YPC has also founded nominal awards. Thus, the award named after publicist Valery Aydinyan was received by a writer and publicist Vahram Martirosyan, for the series ‘Sunday Notes’ in Lragir.am web-page.
An award named after journalist Tigran Naghdalyan was conferred to the Editor in Chief of the information program ‘The Time” of “Armenia” TV Gnel Nalbandyan.
Vahram Baghdasaryan, “Photolur” correspondent, was conferred the award named after YPC founding member, photojournalist Ruben Mangasaryan, for the most impressive photo of 2015 June #ElectricYerevan.
For a fresh look and comprehensive approach towards sports, a sports journalist Vera Martirosyan was conferred and award named after Armen Nikoghosyan.
Within the framework of the USAID funded “Civic Engagement in Local Governance” project, Sara Petrosyan, a journalist of Hetq on-line newspaper was conferred an award by Communities Finance Officers’ Association and Yerevan Press for the best coverage of LG reforms.
Arzuman Harutyunyan, President of Audio-Visual Reporters Association was awarded for the best presentation of issues of public importance in films and public service announcements.
Awards were given to other persons and organizations for their great contribution in the field of journalism.
At the end, Astghik Gevorgyan, President of Journalists Union of Armenia, awarded YPC President Boris Navasardyan with a gold medal.
- New opportunity «Invitation to a Summit by the New Democracy Fund: Civic Summit» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by Strive: Mentoring Cycles (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Gevorg Ter-Gabrielyan Recalls Downtown Yerevan of the 20th century (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Isabella Sargsyan on Issues in Yerevan Urban Planning (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 14: Guide for Policy Paper Development (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 13: The War According to Participant’s Stories. Anthropological Research (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 11: On "June 14", A Literary Contest Commemorating the Stalinist Repressions (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen