Granting Opportunity from UNICEF Armenia: Promoting the Rights of Children with Disability
UNICEF Armenia announces a Call for Expression of Interest for Strengthening the Role of Organisations of Persons with Disability (OPD) in Promoting the Rights of Children with Disability.
The purpose of the Call for Expression of Interest is to identify eligible Civil Society Organisations for prospective partnership with UNICEF in Armenia. Eligible Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) are invited to submit proposals for partnership to support achievement of results for children outlined in the 2021-2025 Country Programme. For details please see the attached document.
UNICEF Programme of Cooperation in Armenia
- In Armenia, UNICEF works with the government and other partners to support the country’s efforts towards greater social inclusion, especially for the most deprived children.
- One of the program components of the Country Program relates to increasing inclusion of children with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, including those from border areas, into mainstream education system and society.
- The long-term vision of change is that, by 2025, children and adolescents exercise their talents and skills and benefit from age-appropriate, lifelong learning, inclusive and quality education in an enabling and safe environment. In the framework of the childcare system reform, UNICEF will support coordinated efforts of education, health and social and child protection systems by developing professional capacities for a holistic system at the community level.
- UNICEF will promote inclusion of children with disabilities in mainstream kindergartens and schools, while special schools continue transforming into teaching and care resource centres.
- Within this framework of the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), 2021–2025 and as set out in the 2021-2022 Multi-Year Work Plan with the Government of Armenia, UNICEF will contribute to achieve the following results:
- Outcome 3: Children and adolescents exercise their talents and skills, benefitting from age-appropriate, life-long learning and inclusive and quality education, in an enabling and safe environment.
- CSO must:
- be registered in Armenia
- not be an entity named on any of the UN Security Council targeted sanction lists.
- Exclusion criteria:
- CSO submission which:
- do not meet ethical standards for working with children;
- are not sent to the specified UNICEF mail address before the specified deadline;
- do not include all required documents or do not comply with specifications set in this Call for Expression of Interest;
- are not submitted in English;
- will be excluded from the selection process.
- CSO submission which:
Organisations that wish to participate in this Call for Expression of Interest are requested to send “CSO Call for Expression of Interest” with the following subject: “Strengthening the Role of Organisations of Persons with Disability (OPD) in Promoting the Rights of Children with Disability” no later than 21 days after announcement.
Submission includes: Technical and Financial proposals with all relevant documents to be submitted to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Applications must be submitted in English.
Deadline for Applications: Oct 3, 2022.
Any requests for additional information should be addressed in writing to [email protected].
For more information and application, please click here!
- New opportunity «Invitation to a Summit by the New Democracy Fund: Civic Summit» added.
- New opportunity «Call for Applications by Strive: Mentoring Cycles (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Gevorg Ter-Gabrielyan Recalls Downtown Yerevan of the 20th century (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Isabella Sargsyan on Issues in Yerevan Urban Planning (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 14: Guide for Policy Paper Development (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 13: The War According to Participant’s Stories. Anthropological Research (in Armenian)» added.
- New news «Tema/Rema Podcast, Episode 11: On "June 14", A Literary Contest Commemorating the Stalinist Repressions (in Armenian)» added.
No file choosen