Invitation to Civil Society Representatives for membership in the re-launched National SDG Council
Source: UN Armenia
Please refer to the annex to Prime Minister’s Decree N-479 Ա “On the Establishment of the National SDG Council” for complete terms of reference and selection procedures.
Reaffirming its commitment to the Agenda 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, the Government of Armenia has recently established its new National SDG Council, (see Prime Minister’s decree here) as the principal body tasked with coordination and oversight of the SDG Nationalization process in Armenia. Accordingly, the Council shall be responsible for ensuring the adoption of national SDG targets and goals, their integration into the Armenia Transformation Strategy (and other national development strategies), and the monitoring of progress towards achievement of the SDGs by 2030.
In upholding the spirit of the Agenda 2030 to Leave No One Behind, civil society is likewise invited to join the National SDG Council as members and foster greater multi-stakeholder engagement throughout the Council’s activities and mandate. As outlined in the Annex to the decree establishing the Council, seven seats are allocated to senior representatives of civil society organizations that operate in the following thematic areas of sustainable development (one seat per thematic area):
- Labor, employment, and poverty eradication
- Environment and climate change
- Justice and Human Rights Protection
- Industry, trade and Innovation
- Infrastructure (energy, roads, transportation, water, etc.)
In order for an organization to be considered for Council membership, the following minimum eligibility criteria must be met:
- Registered in the Republic of Armenia
- A minimum of 3 years of experience/operations (over the past 5 years) in one of the 7 areas listed above
- Must have implemented at least 2 programs (relevant to their selected thematic area) during their years of operations
The selection process takes place through a collaboration between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia and the United Nations Office of the Resident Coordinator in Armenia, whereby:
- The UN RCO checks applications for completeness, verifies eligibility based on announced criteria and categorizes them based on self-selected thematic areas. In the case of incomplete submissions, the applicant is informed within 1 working day, and given 2 working days to provide the necessary additional material.
- The MFA organizes the selection from among the verified applications, during a public event held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building, with all verified applicants invited to participate
- This selection process is repeated once every two years with the process outlined above. No CSO may be a member of the council for two consecutive terms in the same area.
All interested parties are encouraged to apply online by clicking here, or in person by printing and filling out this application. The application must be accompanied by the following documents: Copy of Organization’s Charter, Copy of State Registration License, and a Reference Memorandum outlining the organizations operations in selected area, the duration, implemented programs, size of annual budget (estimate), number of stakeholders, geographic distribution of stakeholders, research conducted, reports published.
While we strongly encourage submitting the application online, in-person submissions can also be received at the security desk of the UN House, 14 Petros Adamyan, Monday to Friday, 9AM to 6PM.
Deadline for submission is 24 July, 2020 [10 days after publishing announcement]
Please send all inquiries to:
[email protected] or 098 551371
[email protected] or 060 620 548
- New opportunity «Terms of Reference for Internal Audit» added.
- New research «COVID-19 and the world of work: Impact and policy responses» added.
- New modules «How to Make References: Guideline» added.
- New opportunity «Call For Expression Of Interest For Provision Of International Technical Assistance in the DATA Initiative supported by USAID» added.
- New opportunity «The European Union supports Armenian businesses through “Innovation for Economic Recovery for Micro, Small and Medium Size non-tech Companies” Grants Programme» added.
- New opportunity «Creative Cities: Stories from an emerging creative generation» added.
- New opportunity «Support to provision of Grant Administration service for women empowerment» added.
No file choosen