Seminar on Legal and Political Preconditions
Source is here.
The AUA Center for Responsible Mining and the Luleå University of Technology with the support of the Embassy of Sweden Yerevan are offering a 3-day intensive professional development seminar called “Legal and Political Preconditions of Mining: Learning from the Swedish Experience.”
The seminar is designed for public officials, academics, and civil-society members interested in improving the governance of the mining sector in Armenia.
The seminar will be conducted by experts from Luleå University of Technology—Sweden’s pre-eminent academic institution with a specialty in mining. The three experts visiting are:
– Maria Pettersson, Professor
– Lars Bäckström, Assistant Professor
– Gregory Poelzer, Post-Doctoral Researcher
The 3-day seminar is offered free of charge.
Registration is required. Register here.
Certificate of participation is available for those attending the entire seminar and completing the final written exam.
English and Armenian simultaneous translation will be available.
The visit is the first step in establishing a long-term partnership between the Luleå University of Technology, the American University of Armenia and other institutions in Armenia.
For inquiries contact Tatev Haroyan at +374 60 61 2520 or [email protected]
DAY 1: Monday, Feb 11, 2019
17:00-18:00 Legal preconditions for mining (I) – property rights, mineral rights, exploration, concession etc., Dr. Lars Bäckström, Assistant Professor, Luleå University of Technology
18:15-19:15 Water management: legal aspects – ‘property rights’, water operations & integrated water management, Dr. Maria Pettersson, Professor, Luleå University of Technology
DAY 2: Tuesday, Feb 12, 2019
17:00-18:15 Legal preconditions for mining (II) – environmental assessment and licensing, Dr. Maria Pettersson, Professor, Luleå University of Technology
18:30-19:30 Role of bureaucrats in mine development – the effect of institutional design, Dr. Gregory Poelzer, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Luleå University of Technology
DAY 3: Wednesday, Feb 13, 2019
17:00-18:00 Public acceptance of mining – comparing factors for acceptance in contested and non-contested projects, Dr. Gregory Poelzer, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Luleå University of Technology
18:00-19:00 Certification Exam and Issuance of Certificates
- New opportunity «Դրամաշնորհային մրցույթի հայտարարություն» added.
- New opportunity «School "Skolkovo". Open call» added.
- New opportunity «Training on proposal writing» added.
- New opportunity «EPF Is Hiring a Project Manager» added.
- New opportunity «Yerevan Municipality Program of "Active Citizen Yerevan" for New Offers and Opportunities in Yerevan» added.
- New opportunity «The Marshall Memorial Fellowship/ DDL: the 27th of September 2019» added.
- New opportunity «Izmirlian Foundation and Impact Hub Yerevan Fellowship Program» added.
No file choosen