Vacancy: Communication Specialist in Armenia
Job Description of the Communication Specialist
The incumbent will help to plan, create, and develop content for Heinrich Boell Foundation (hbs) Yerevan office social media accounts and website of South Caucasus Tbilisi office. He/she will have an eye for design and help to develop fresh audio-visual content (videos, photos, podcasts, etc.) under the supervision of hbs-SC communication manager and Yerevan office program coordinator.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, written and audio/podcast;
- Liaise with different media outlets;
- Prepare information packages, event descriptions in demand;
- Work together with different types of technical, visual and audiospecialists (photographers, cameramen, podcasters, etc.);
- Monitor and analyze the media visibility enhancement tools regularly;
- Help to organize different activities (seminars, lectures, workshops, etc.) and to plan events;
- Perform other related duties under time pressure, to ensure an efficient and effective communication of hbs-Yerevan branch․
- Education in public relations, communications, journalism or relevant field; (BA/MA)
- 2-3 years working experience in the communication and media field;
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (fb, Twitter, IG, Youtube);
- Proven skills in writing and editing;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Basic skills of recording/shooting and editing the multimedia material;
- Good communication (oral and written), presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities;
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of Russian would be an asset;
- Commitment to the values of Heinrich Boell Stiftung.
Planning of the upcoming duties:
Hbs-SC Yerevan branch office would like to further develop its social media activities in Armenian language. The main task of the incumbent will be to study and develop a social media strategy for hbs Yerevan branch office's Facebook page to publish content at least once a week. All the work of the incumbent will be in cooperation with the Tbilisi office communications manager and Yerevan branch projects coordinator. Furthermore, get involved in networking with different media outlets in Armenia and South Caucasus Region, in order to find sustainable and reliable media partners and media coverage to make hbs more visible in the country. Another responsibility will be (in close cooperation with hbs partners and technical specialists) to prepare good quality social media content - posts, podcasts, short informative texts, and other innovative audio-visual formats mainly for the hbs Yerevan FB page. Create connections with educational institutions, NGOs, Think tanks in order to identify interested students and lecturers, academics, and activists to participate in hbs events.
What do we offer?
- Flexible work schedule։ Work attendance will be two days per week (16 to 20 hours a week). Preferably on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Competitive salary;
- Friendly team;
- Safe and comfortable work office;
- Opportunity to be permanently involved in socio-political and cultural events in Armenia and South Caucasus Region, as well as a good environment for personal development.
- Opportunity to grow in the position
How to apply:
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV(1)and a cover letter(2) to the following e-mail address: [email protected] (please mention "Communications specialist" in the subject line). The deadline for submission of applications is July 3, 2020.
Belated or incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- New opportunity «"Anthropology of Violence" research competition» added.
- New opportunity «test» added.
- New opportunity «Civil Match։ FIND A PARTNER, SCALE THE IMPACT» added.
- New opportunity «Journalistic Research in the Field of Mining» added.
- New opportunity «The Policy Designers Network» added.
- New opportunity «"How Pandemic Affects the Human Rights" Vebinar» added.
- New news «Dr. Anna Ohanyan: Roadblocks to a Nagorno Karabakh Settlement» added.
No file choosen